My Lovely Followers

Monday, 21 October 2013

Crafty Ribbons Inspiration Christmas Owl Lavender Pouches

Good afternoon everyone, hope you are well! I am here to show you one of my Christmas gift ideas using Crafty Ribbons 'Christmas Owl' collection paired with some felt and cotton, and some dried lavender. They are simple (and cheap!) to make and smell divine! I chose cotton and felt to colour match the ribbons I used and cut these into squares. This is a particularly good project for making use of fabric offcuts you may have in your stash. I chose Papermania 'Festive' fabrics as these go really well with the ribbons. I started by sewing my ribbon on the front panel of my pouches with the sewing machine with a simple straight stitch. Next I placed the front panel wrong side against the felt and sewed with zigzag stitch around the pouches leaving a small gap at the top to pull the pouches right way out. Make sure you poke the corners out with a pen or your finger. Then I filled with dried lavender and hand stitched the opening closed.
I hope you like them! 
I would like to enter this into the following challenges:
Thank you for looking and for all your lovely comments :-)

16 comments:

  1. These are awesome. Thank you for sharing your lovely creation with us at Challenges 4 Everybody.

    Hugs
    Cathy DT Member
    xxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. cute pouches Elaine really love them.. thanks for sharing ..

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow gorgeous Elaine what a very talented lady you are. Love Alison xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. I wish I could sew. *sigh* These are amazing! Hugs! xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a lovely gift idea. I would love to receive a gift like this. Great job. Thank you for joining us over at Crafty Catz. Hugs Nina

    ReplyDelete
  6. Elaine, these are fabulous hun, love them, thank you for sharing with us at Crafting Musketeers, this month, good luck xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Elaine, Just had to pop in and say how gorgeous these are, so festive and cute..xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. so gorgeous elaine.i love the owls :D

    xx coops xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Good idea - they are lovely. Thank you for sharing these for our 'Christmas in October' challenge at Crafting Musketeers, Hazel, DT - you could also enter this into my CHNC challenge extra for October - I'd love to see it there too. x

    ReplyDelete
  10. these are gorgeous, lovely gift ideas! Thanks for joining us at CraftyCatz. Kim x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great idea, thank you for joining us over at the Crafting Musketeers Challenge Blog, Fran (DT) xxx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hello...these look fabulous thanks for joining in with us at CRAFTY CATZ x carol

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thanks for adding for CHNC challenge extra for October - hope to see you again soon. x

    ReplyDelete
  14. Your creations are lovely. The ribbons are just perfect on this type of project.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Always envious of sewists! Elaine, lovely project and gorgeous ribbons.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your lovely comments, I really appreciate them all :-) Elaine-xxx-

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...