My Lovely Followers

Wednesday, 20 November 2013

Minerva Crafts Felt Butterfly Mobile

I am really excited to share with you a project I have been working on for Minerva Crafts who approached me to ask if I would like to design and create something with products from their store so of course I said yes! :-)
It was so difficult to choose but in the end I decided to choose some of their felt and assorted products to make a home decor project. I used their craft felt, some dies from docrafts, some beads, ribbon and hot fix gems. I cut my butterflies out of polka dot and plain black and white felt with my grand calibur, then decorated each side one by one but in matching ways. It is double sided so you can hang it from a ceiling. I sewed on the body which I made with beads, using three layers of different sized butterflies in felt. I then sewed decorative stitches with white embroidery thread onto the black polka dot butterflies. Next I hot fixed clear gems on the butterflies. Following this I added the ribbon. I folded the ribbon in half when cutting it to give a pretty end and fixed it from fraying with clear nail varnish. I arranged my butterflies and glued them to the ribbon first on one side, I then turned them round and glued the matching butterflies to the reverse of the decoration.



I would like to enter this into the following challenges:

Thank you for visiting my blog and for all your lovely comments :-)

17 comments:

  1. Wow Elaine this is stunning brilliant project you have given me an idea which hopefully I will put on my blog when finished, giving you credit for the inspiration of course. Have you changed your blog I am sure you used to have roses in your header. Loads of love Alison xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a gorgeous hanging Elaine. Thank you for joining us at Allsorts this week for my Make a Gift challenge x

    ReplyDelete
  3. stunning Elaine hun love monochrome and love butterflies x

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is fabby Elaine!

    Hugs
    Linda xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Elaine this is just gorgeous. Love the Butterflies and the colours.

    Hugs Erin x

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is simply beautiful! Thank you for joining us this week at Fab'n'Funky!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love your butterfly wall hanger. The addition of the beads to the felt butterflies looks great.

    ReplyDelete
  8. great project love the monochrome and felt butterflies-thanks for joining us at Lej designs
    carol DT x

    ReplyDelete
  9. I know you love butterflies. :D This is a beautiful Wall Décor and I like the black and white color scheme.
    Deborah xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. great project! I have a pile of felt just waiting for something like this!

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is so pretty Elaine and thanks for joining our challenge at Allsorts this week
    x catherine

    ReplyDelete
  12. Elaine this is simply beautiful x

    ReplyDelete
  13. Beautiful butterflies Elaine, very decorative!
    Thanks for joining the TTCRD challenges!
    Hugs,Sandra

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wow this is so different Elaine and so eye catching too. Thankyou for joining us at Allsorts this week Good Luck! Jo x

    ReplyDelete
  15. Your project looks fabulous! Love it! Thanks so much for sharing with us over at HIMCR this week!

    ReplyDelete
  16. this is so gorgeous elaine.beautiful butterflies ;D

    xx coops xx

    ReplyDelete
  17. Thank you so much for making such an effort to enter the LEJ Designs Challenge No. 80 - Alter It Or Gifts, over on the LEJ Challenge Blog.

    This is beautiful. Love the monochromatic colours and all the layers and gems. So much to look at.

    We really hope you will return very soon and join in with more of our future challenges.
    Great prizes up for grabs from the owners of LEJ Designs and our wonderful sponsors.

    <3 & hugs
    Lisa xxxxx DT Organiser

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your lovely comments, I really appreciate them all :-) Elaine-xxx-

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...