My Lovely Followers

Sunday, 23 February 2014

Home Decor Project-Beaded Curtain Tie Backs

Good afternoon everyone, hope you are well :-) I am here with my favourite home decor make in a while. My father made me a four poster bed as he had some spare wood and I have always wanted one! So my job was to sort out the curtains and the decor to go with it.
The bed was painted white and I chose Turquoise organza for my curtains. I thought for a while what sort of look I wanted and had the idea to make beaded tie backs, I wanted an opulent look so I looked for a good mix of Turquoise and other assorted vintage metallic beads, gem beads and pearls which matched well. 
I found a fabulous mix of odd beads on ebay, then bought some plastic rings for my hooks, and the rest I had in my stash. 
I also used Tiger tail, crimp beads, crimp covers and my jewellery tools. 
I wanted to keep them as random mixes so I made each differently. I started by doubling my tiger tail, and folding this over, then fixing the first ring with a crimp and covered this with the crimp cover. I then threaded my beads, then fixed the second ring like the first. 

I would like to enter this into the following challenges:

Thank you for visiting and for all your lovely comments :-)

22 comments:

  1. Beautiful tiebacks....Hope you are feeling better now...Joolsx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow what a lovely idea to use them as tiebacks x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow lucky you a four poster. love the colours of your tie backs.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hope you are feeling better now. What a lovely project. Tinaxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. The tiebacks are gorgeous. I hope you are feeling better too. Jackie

    ReplyDelete
  6. The tiebacks are gorgeous. I hope you are feeling better too. Jackie

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow Elaine I love these! Beautiful, opulent colours and what a fabulous idea. I also love your statement about your Dad making you a four poster bed because he happened to have some spare wood lol! Must have had a LOT of spare wood :-) love your choice of material too. As they say in Ireland, health to enjoy! Love maddy x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Elaine these are fabulous what a fantastic idea. Love Alison xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. hey Elaine these are fabulous love them - great idea - happy crafting x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh, these are absolutely fab, Elaine, your beads are so interesting, lovely combo. Hope you are starting to feel a bit better, Dips xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Elaine, hope your feeling a little better..these are lovely...they are will look great on your new four poster!!!! Happy blogging . Sharon x

    ReplyDelete
  12. These are gorgeous and would brighten up any room. How fantastic that your Dad has made you a four poster bed x

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wow, your dad made you a four poster bed?! Can I borrow him? I am sure I will find something to build for him here ;). And your curtain ties are just fabulous. I am sure they make your new bed really special.
    Heike xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wow! Such a great idea! I need to make some of these curtain hooks for my house! Thanks for joining us this week at Love to Create!

    Mei
    LTC DT
    Anyone for Anya DT
    Stampavie and More DT
    Creative Fingers DT 

    ReplyDelete
  15. Gorgeous tie backs, very classy
    just hopped over from DC
    Lorna xx

    ReplyDelete
  16. Truly Beautiful xx HOpping by from DC xx

    ReplyDelete
  17. Stunning, thank you for sharing at The Crafters Café
    Alex x

    ReplyDelete
  18. On the hop over from dc.
    I adore these! and am very jealous of your four poster! lol x

    ReplyDelete
  19. This is a fab idea! Always looking for new ideas and this one is great. I have an idea for my dining room, even as I type. Thanks for joining us here at The Crafter's Cafe Challenge Blog!
    Hugz,
    Chana, DT Coordinator

    ReplyDelete
  20. Hi, Elaine! Your project is featured on our Facebook Page!
    Hugz,
    Chana, Owner
    613 Avenue Create Challenge
    www.facebook.com/avenue613

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your lovely comments, I really appreciate them all :-) Elaine-xxx-

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...