My Lovely Followers

Saturday, 15 February 2014

Sarah Hurley 365 Inspiration-Butterfly Nail Art!

Good morning everyone, hope you are well :-) I am here with one of my favourite discoveries mixing my craftiness with my love of nail art using Serif software, Sarah's Curio kit and some Inkjet Water-slide printer paper. I love nail art and have used water transfers before so I wondered if I could work out how to do my own and this is the result, I am very pleased :-) I used Serif software to play with sizing of the butterflies, and printed onto plain paper to test as the water-slide paper costs a lot more so you have to be ready to print without wasting it! Once I had my sizing right I printed onto the water-slide paper. I then varnished twice with acrylic varnish to make sure the ink wouldnt run when I placed the transfers in the water ready to apply. I left for 24 hours to dry. Then painted my nails a block colour which suited the transfer and did two coats. I had a shallow container with warm water and sorted the transfers into two size piles (I had four large, and six smaller) so I didnt mix them up by accident. I then put the large transfers in the water for 30 seconds, and used a top coat to make the nail surface tacky so it would cling to the nail. I followed this for all ten nails, and then painted a thick layer of top coat over the transfers. Then I added white polka dots with a nail art pen. Lastly I added another layer of top coat. All done!

I would like to enter this into the following challenges:
Thank you for looking and for all your lovely comments :-)

16 comments:

  1. Your nails look amazing, you are clever. Tinaxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very clever, they look fab, What time do you want me round for my nails..lol

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fabulous nails, would you like to come and do mine? Just hopping by.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh I love them and the butterflies especially. I have a nail art tool but not very good with it so gave up, lol xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ohhhhh very pretty!!! and clever as well...Just popped over from DC blog hop. Sharon x

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love them! So much patience.
    Steph xx
    http://onedailythought.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  7. WOW fabulous,love the colour
    just hopped over from DC
    Lorna xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love your nail art - so pretty!!
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. sounds like a lot of work but beautiful result is well worth the effort-very artistic and love the colour
    carol x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Elaine, these are great. Well done! Love this polka dots! Maddy x

    ReplyDelete
  11. WOW! Fabulous Elaine, really gorgeous.
    Wendy xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great nail art...love the colour...Joolsx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Great Altered Art project you've got there Elaine - it's so super when we can use our crafty bits n more than just paper.

    ReplyDelete
  14. My goodness Elaine, they are gorgeous. You have made a wonderful job of your nails and thank you for describing the process... I know I wouldn't have the talent or patience to do this on my nails but love the way you've decorated yours.

    ReplyDelete
  15. This is sooo awesome. I really like the butterflies and the polka dots are so fun. :D
    Deborah

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your lovely comments, I really appreciate them all :-) Elaine-xxx-

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...