My Lovely Followers

Thursday, 6 March 2014

Vintage Butterflies Padded Snap Sunglasses case


Good morning everyone, hope you are well! I am here with my DT project for Crafty Ribbons this challenge which is 'Anything Goes with Ribbon'. Last Summer my favourite snap shut glasses case broke-the snaps were poking through the material and hurting me when I opened the case so I decided to cut the case up and keep the snaps to hopefully upcycle them in a new project. Crafty Ribbons have just released their fab new Vintage butterflies ribbon range so I wanted to make a project with them I would use often as I love them so much!
I had some offcuts of denim so I chose that as the outside of the case as its tough and resilient. I began by cutting out my case (a two long pieces, one for outside and the other of a jersey material for outside. I also cut out a length of cotton batting to pad the case with. I started by sewing on my ribbons to embellish the outside of my case. I then sewed together my case, slipping in the snaps at the last moment then finishing this stitching on a treadle sewing machine as the fabric was too thick to sew on my lovely electric sewing machine!

I would like to enter this into the following challenges:

Thank you for looking and all the lovely comments :-)

10 comments:

  1. Wow Elaine this is gorgeous, I got a new sewing machine for my birthday treat have started to make an Elephant but my arthritis in my spine is playing up so not able to do anything at the moment but I can't wait to play. Love Alison xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous, love the butterflies.

    Thanks for joining us at Rhedd & Rosies Challenge Blog.

    Moira DT xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. wow great project. Thanks for joining us at Created with Love Challenges.
    Linda K. DT
    www.ladybugstampers.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a beautiful project, thank you for sharing with us at Rhedd and Rosie's, good luck Hun, Zoe DT xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a great idea to recycle the snap shut element from a broken glasses case to make a new one. I love the look of this.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a brilliant project, love the butterflies.

    Thanks for coming over and joining in with our 27th Challenge - Anything but a Card at Rhedd and Rosie's Challenge Blog.

    Great Big Huge Hugs

    Becca xxx (DT member)

    ReplyDelete
  7. great project, thanks for joining us at created with love challenges, good luck
    caroline dt

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a bril idea, thank you for entering the MCC challenge, and good luck...Kathy x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your lovely comments, I really appreciate them all :-) Elaine-xxx-

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...