My Lovely Followers

Saturday, 12 April 2014

A Special Masculine Scrapbook

Good morning everyone, hope you are well :-) I am here with a special scrapbook I have made for my friend John, hes one of my oldest friends so I decided to make a little scrapbook with snapshots from our adventures over the years.
For this project I used Papermania All Aboard Papers, Die cut stickers and Ribbons, a chipboard scrapbook and a ornate frame I used on the front of the scrapbook from Papermania Madame Payraud collection.
I thoroughly covered the page with the papers, on one side I scored around the chipboard and I cut out with about an inch border each side of the score marks then I used double sided tape on the reverse side to fold the paper over the edge to cover the chipboard edges. Then on the other side I just cut a page to the size of the page so I covered the tabs from covering the edge. I inked the edges with Distress inks.
I made pockets using cardstock and covered this in All Aboard papers, and I made pull out sections from printed images on the papers like this postcard. I reinforced this with cardstock and covered the reverse with paper too so its all decorated. I placed photos on the reverse of the pull out section.
I used Stazon to stamp an 'Enjoy the moment' sentiment on All Aboard ribbon.
I cut out tiny parts of photos as embellishments.
I used All Aboard pockets to add tags I made with plain tags and printed paper, then I placed photos on the reverse. I inked the inside of the pockets to match the aged look. I also used cardstock stickers to write descriptions on.
I used All Aboard ribbons as the ribbons for my tags rather than the plain string they came with.
I used cardstock greeting stickers to embellish the photos.
On this page I made the pocket and the page below match with the print, then made an insert using printed labels on the printed paper reinforced with cardstock and decorated on the reverse.
I used the printed paper as a space to write a description, then made two tags for this pocket.
I used cardstock stickers to embellish this rather plain page with a pocket and tag.
And the reverse of the scrapbook. 
I am really hoping he loves it! 
I would like to enter this into the following challenges:
Thank you for looking and for all your lovely comments :-)

34 comments:

  1. What a great book I'm sure he'll love it. How you keeping?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow what a fabulous gift for someone. What memories x

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a wonderful scrapbook, loving the beautiful papers and great photographs. I am sure he will treasure this.
    Hugs
    Linda xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. A brilliant scrapbook and such a fab keepsake

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the scrapbook, so original too, he'll love it. Like the superhero photos, looks like it was fun!

    ReplyDelete
  6. fantastic little scrapbook, i bet he loves it :) keep up the great work :) x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fabulous male themed scrapbook, so different he will love it

    just on the hop from DC
    Lorna xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow! This is Awesome - he will LOVE it!! Great project!
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a lovely piece of work, it's gorgeous so much work, He will love it.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Awesome make Elaine hun love it - sorry not been around we are away will catch up with things next week x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Awesome make Elaine hun love it - sorry not been around we are away will catch up with things next week x

    ReplyDelete
  12. A wonderful album...so much detail, I bet this will be viewed by many.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Lovely gift for your friend. Beautiful scrapbook!
    Thank you for your entry at Scrapping4funChallenges!
    Rachelle DT
    http://scrapping4funchallenges.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. A fabulous scrapbook hugs Seema

    ReplyDelete
  15. This is a super Masculine scrapbook cover. I love it. Thanks for joining us at The Corrosive Challenge Blog.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I'm certain that John will treasure this album. It's gorgeous! Thank you for sharing your work with us for the Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge. ~Michelle

    ReplyDelete
  17. A great project and lovely keepsake.
    Heike xx

    ReplyDelete
  18. A fantastic project I'm sure it will be treasured it is a thing of beauty. Jackie

    ReplyDelete
  19. Perfect paper range for your project, Elaine, and such a thoughtful gift for your friend

    ReplyDelete
  20. Brilliant Project for your friend....love all the papers...Joolsx

    ReplyDelete
  21. Great scrapbook - love the All Aboard travel range - one of my favourites
    Linda x

    ReplyDelete
  22. Stunning scrapbook, love it. Just hopping by.

    ReplyDelete
  23. What a stunning project and something that will be treasured dearly. It must have taken you ages to do all this work

    ReplyDelete
  24. Great project!! Super pics, too! Thank you for sharing your project and joining us at the Love to Scrap Challenge Blog.

    ReplyDelete
  25. Elaine, this is just fabulous! Love very bit of it, maddy x

    ReplyDelete
  26. wow super scrapbook elaine ... I am sure you loved making it too ... well done ... happy crafting and love sandy xx

    ReplyDelete
  27. A really fantastic project. So many little details to look at. I'm sure your friend will love it.

    ReplyDelete
  28. Fabulous scrapbook-love all the papers and pics
    Carol x

    ReplyDelete
  29. Elaine what a fantastic scrapbook so much work and time gone into this Wow. Love Alison xx

    ReplyDelete
  30. I love, love, love it! Thanks for joining us at Scrapping4FunChallenges!

    ReplyDelete
  31. Very nice project. The style is beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  32. What a lovely book, Thank you for joining in with our challenge over at The Cupboard Trilogy Challenge Blog.
    Stella xx
    TCT DT

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your lovely comments, I really appreciate them all :-) Elaine-xxx-

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...