My Lovely Followers

Tuesday, 8 April 2014

A Special Scrapbook

Good afternoon everyone, hope you are well :-) I am here with another project for my friend swap-swapping pretty positive messages to celebrate my birthday to make everyone smile :-) This is for my friend Sarah who is one of my oldest friends so I thought I would add photos of some of our adventures to her message so made a mini scrapbook :-)
I used a concertina scrapbook I have had in my stash for a while, which I paired with My Minds Eye Wild Asparagus papers and ribbons and I will tell you where my elements came from on the details of each photo :-) On my front cover I covered with two of my favourite papers from the pack, some polka dot ribbon and a chipboard sentiment I got in a scrapbooking kit a long time ago.
My first two pages I covered all with the papers, then decorated with a 'You are wonderful' die cut greeting from a SEI kit, the other pages sentiments are from the same set from the front cover. I die cut butterflies out of MME papers and set self adhesive gems on as a body for the butterflies.
My first tag is decorated with added pocket and a second tag, with an SEI die cut sentiment. These have the photos on the reverse.
The page on the left has an added pocket added and another tag popped inside this with photos on the reverse. It has a sentiment from the same kit as the front cover. The page on the right has die cut butterflies I cut from MME papers and added self adhesive gems as the bodies for the butterflies. This page also has a matching sentiment.
This tag I made another pocket on the front to accomodate another tag with a photo on the reverse. I decorated it with a die cut butterfly from Papermania. I added a greeting from the same kit as the cover.
For this tag I made a tiny tag with an extra pocket on the larger tag, then decorated the tiny tag with papers and a Tim Holtz ticket. I embellished with vintage butterfly images I printed on canvas.
The left page I decorated with Papermania die cut butterfly and self adhesive gems, and the page on the right I decorated with a friendship sentiment and a tiny papermania die cut butterfly.
This tag I decorated with a Papermania die cut butterfly, a sentiment from SEI and ribbon from MME. Like the others before the photos are on the reverse.
This tag I created a second pocket and smaller tag to come out at the side of the larger tag. I decorated with SEI sentiment and a Papermania die cut butterfly.

I really hope she will like it, I put a lot of love into making it :-)
I would like to enter this into the following challenges:
Thank you for looking and for all your lovely comments :-)

17 comments:

  1. Omg this is so fab. I'm actually sat here going omg as I'm looking at each pic lol. Amazing x

    ReplyDelete
  2. A fabulous project, gorgeous papers embellishments and tags

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love it. Your friend Sarah is one lucky girl :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is fabulous Elaine, loving the papers and the beautiful design!
    Hugs
    Linda xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow Elaine this is gorgeous you will have to do a tutorial as I would love to make one but no idea where to start. Love Alison xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow Elaine this is amazing x

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a special gift for a special friend! This project is just beautiful! Thanks for sharing with us at Pile it On this week! Good luck!
    Tracey, DT

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is gorgeous Elaine.
    C xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a beautiful project. I love all the tags and pockets in your scrapbook.

    ReplyDelete
  10. thanks so much for choosing me as a winner...I have been away on my hols hence the late thank you congrats to all the winners
    happy crafting
    tracey x

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is lovely - really like all the tags :-)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Beautiful tag scrapbook.

    ReplyDelete
  13. A fantastic scrapbook thankyou for joining our challenge this week at Artistic Inspirations.
    Good luck
    Fiona dt. x

    ReplyDelete
  14. Just lovely. Thanks for joining us this week at Crafting from the Heart! Good luck. Hugs Angelie

    ReplyDelete
  15. Fabulous little scrapbook! You can tell so much time went into making this wonderful book. Lots of great details, cute little tags and love how you kept the butterfly theme throughout. Thanks for joining us at Love to Scrap! Challenge Blog
    Tina dt

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your lovely comments, I really appreciate them all :-) Elaine-xxx-

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...