My Lovely Followers

Saturday, 26 April 2014

Alkaline Trio Polka Dot Nails

Good afternoon everyone, hope you are well :-) I am here with some transfers I made to celebrate going to see my favourite band, Alkaline Trio. I actually ran into Matt and Derek from trio before the gig and Matt took a photo and posted on his instagram  Matt Skiba's instagram.
I used my serif software to shrink a heartskull and printed onto plain paper first to check scale as the transfer paper is expensive! I used water slide decal paper in white (as the printer doesnt print white and you obviously need it for the centre of the heartskull) I printed then used varnish to set them over 24 hours. Then you can just use them like normal transfers.
I painted my nails red, then used a coat of top coat to give a surface to stick the transfers to. Next I did my polka dots with white nail varnish pen and then put a final top coat on. All done :-)
Have a wonderful weekend everyone :-)

4 comments:

  1. Wow clever old you, would never of thought of doing this. Also thanks for your sewing on your blog as my machine is now getting plenty of use due to your inspiration. Love Alison xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. These look great with you. A lot of work and skill went into creating the nails.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your lovely comments, I really appreciate them all :-) Elaine-xxx-

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...