My Lovely Followers

Monday, 7 April 2014

Butterfly Wicker Heart Home Decor

Good morning everyone, hope you are well :-) I am here with my creation for my All Crafts Challenge, sorry its a little late! :-) As our sponsor this time is Crafty Individuals I used one of my favourite stamp sets of  theirs to make my own butterfly embellishments. You may not be able to see clearly in the photo but they are a labour of love! I started by stamping with Memento and colouring with Faber Castell Polychromos pencils. I then dipped and coated the butterfly wings in UTEE. Once I had done this I used craft wire to attach the two wings to each other (they are separated in the stamp without a body so I used this to my advantage). I then shaped the wire so that the wings looked at various stages of opening like a real butterfly. I got out this wicker heart I have had to alter for ages, its very pretty but I felt it needed something more. I used more wire and pliers to attach each butterfly to the heart-that was not easy trying to poke my pliers inside the gaps in the wicker to twist the wire so it was sturdy, very fiddly work! 
Lastly I changed the hanging thread from a boring messy looking jute to a ribbon from Crafty Ribbons which echoed the colours of my central butterfly.

I would like to enter this into the following challenges:
Thank you for looking and for all your lovely comments :-)

24 comments:

  1. Afternoon Elaine hun gorgeous make hugs xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeousness, love those butterflies... Thanks for joining in with the Sunday Stamper x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your wreath is lovely, Elaine, the butterflies positively sing SPRING! Thank you for being soartful with us this month!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Absolutely beautiful - love the butterflies and the wicker heart is super!
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is great. I have a heart lying about I may attempt a little altering.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is gorgeous and I love the shape and the butterflies.
    Hugs
    Linda xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great decoration and beautiful butterflies. Thank you for participating in Sketchy Colors, good luck.
    hugs Monica

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is beautiful Elaine. Love the wicker heart and the butterflies are gorgeous.
    Have a lovely week.
    Hugs Sharon. x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lovely decorated piece. The butterflies look great with you.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Elaine this is beautiful love the butterflies. As you know I have changed the name of my blog and would love for you to continue to follow me and in order for you to do this you need to unfollow me and then follow me again, sorry for being a pain and apologies if I have already asked this of you. Love Alison xxx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Fabulous project, love the butterflies. Thanks for joining in at Anything But A Card this time.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh, this is something quite different. I love your butterflies and very much enjoyed reading how you made it. Thanks very much for being with everybody at Soartful this month.

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is soooo pretty! Very original too.

    ReplyDelete
  14. That is so gorgeous! I love your butterflies.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Great Spring door decor! Thanks for sharing with us at 613 Avenue Create.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Gorgeous make, those butterflies are so pretty! Thanks for joining our Things with Wings challenge over at Crafty Calendar this month, hope to see you again!
    hugs Jo x

    ReplyDelete
  17. Beautiful wall hanging, love the butterflies.
    Thanks for joining us over at Challenges 4 Everybody
    Sandy C4E DT

    ReplyDelete
  18. Great idea for the butterflies. They look very pretty sitting on your wicker heart. Thank you for joining in at Anything But A Card. Cheers, Di

    ReplyDelete
  19. Your butterflies are gorgeous and look wonderful on the heart! So glad you joined us at Anything But a Card!

    ReplyDelete
  20. The butterflies look so lovely perched on the heart - delightful!
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your lovely comments, I really appreciate them all :-) Elaine-xxx-

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...