My Lovely Followers

Monday, 2 June 2014

All Crafts Challenge: My Precious Gorjuss Journal Scrapbook

Good morning everyone, I hope you are well :-) I am a bit under the weather at the moment so I apologise for being so quiet, but here is something I made a little while ago to show you for my All Crafts Challenge.
I mentioned recently that I have a special journal that has messages written for me from people I admire-Alkaline Trio started it a few years ago and ever since I have collected lovely messages :-) For my birthday I made a project of sending positive message swaps to my friends and so I wanted to have somewhere really special to store these as my journal is only a plain notebook and is getting thick with sticking things into it, so I am making copies to put in the notebook that will be flat, and putting the originals in my scrapbook. 
I won a prize a while ago from Crafty Devils Papercraft and I spent my vouchers on the Gorjuss collection of scrapbooking and decoupage, ribbons etc. Its always nice to start from a collection which is meant to go together, and I have added stash I already owned to get the look I wanted. 
I started with the Gorjuss 12x12 paper, and I put together a decoupaged image of Gorjuss girl with a journal. I then made a mat for her from Papermania script paper which I coloured with inks in a distressed manner. I used Coredinations whitewash cardstock torn around the edges as the back of the mat, then added Gorjuss ribbon around under the decoupaged image. 
Next I made a border with Gorjuss bookprint paper, matted with Coredination gemstones cardstock, and decorated with Gorjuss trim. I added my sentiment with Gorjuss alphabet lettering, then decorated with some brass embellishments I have had in my stash for ages, placing a crown on Gorjuss head, and a butterfly in the bottom corner to reflect the 'MY' part of the sentiment on the page.
Im hoping its a good start to a wonderful project to give the lovely messages people have taken the time to write me a proper home :-)
If you are looking for the challenge post look below this one :-)

I would like to enter this into the following challenges:

Thank you for looking and for all your lovely comments :-)

17 comments:

  1. Beautiful project Elaine! Such a wonderful idea also.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great Design, just perfect for our challenge over at Suzy Bee's Bloomin Challenge this week, thank you so much for joining in with us, it is much appreciated, we do hope you will join us again next week for another fab challenge, and good luck in the draw for this challenge which will be held next Sunday....
    Hugs
    Suzy B Owner Suzy Bee's
    XX

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks great with you, and such a nice idea for a project.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great project Elaine, & what a lovely idea!
    Hugs
    Dawn xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. So beautiful is your project x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love your journal and the idea of the positive message swaps. Thanks so much for joining us this time at the Dragonfly Dreams Challenge, Elizabeth (DT)

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is gorgeous Elaine.
    C xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sorry to hear you've been under the weather - hope you're feeling better soon x I really love this journal scrapbook - it's such a darling idea and it looks beautiful. I adore the Gorjuss range - so cute :-D Thank you so much for joining us over at Flat Friends - hope you have a lovely week, Em xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. That's so lovely! The first collection I ever bought was a Gorjuss one (March 2013), and I still very much have a soft spot for them! Thank you for playing along at Milk Coffee this challenge. Sammy-x

    ReplyDelete
  10. A Lovely project and thanks for sharing at Crafty Catz come back tomorrow to see who have won and our new challenge

    ReplyDelete
  11. Such a beautiful journal. I love the design. Thank you for joining us over at Crafty Catz. Hugs Nina

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thanks for sharing your super creation for Suzy Bee's Bloomin' challenge 31: layer it up - hope to see you again soon, Hazel, DT x

    ReplyDelete
  13. totally cool idea! Love the colors! Good luck in The Corrosive Challenge and thanks for joining in the fun!
    DebbieM

    ReplyDelete
  14. Omy gosh, this is just wonderful. I love the book dp you used and then the image is just adorable. Such a beautiful cover for your journal. :D
    Hugs,
    Deborah xxx

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love your scrapbook!

    Thanks for joining us at Dragonfly Dreams and I hope you come back soon!

    Hugz

    Laurian
    Owner Dragonfly Dreams

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your lovely comments, I really appreciate them all :-) Elaine-xxx-

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...