My Lovely Followers

Sunday, 31 August 2014

All Aboard Adventurer Birthday Card

Good afternoon everyone, hope you are well :-) Sorry my blog has been so quiet-I've had a nasty couple of horsefly bites on my hand so its been very swollen and painful which then led to blood poisoning and this obviously made me very poorly! Anyway I wanted to share a card I made a little while ago. Like I have said in previous posts I have been looking around to see what I could incorporate in my makes and decided I should use some of my old photos as they are gorgeous and just sit for years and years on a hard drive doing nothing! 
For this card I chose this photo and a digi of a hot air balloon. I tricked my printer into printing directly onto the design paper by cutting it the size of a photo print and putting it through my printer as a photo. Worked well and I love the effect! I used complimenting paper as my base, then added sentiments I cut from Papermania All Aboard paper. I placed these and the photo on orange cardstock as a mat. I then placed all my elements together, with the hot air balloon on top of the photo.

 I would like to enter this into the following challenges:

Thank you for visiting and for all your lovely comments!

11 comments:

  1. A beautiful card and a great way to use up your old photographs

    Thank you for joining us at Try it on Tuesday

    Love Chrissie x

    ReplyDelete
  2. love the way you've coloured the digi, thank you for sharing witgh us at TIOT.EE

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was bitten by a horsefly a couple of years ago and the swelling went from my ankle to my knee. They certainly are nasty little creatures.
    Your card is fabulous and love the effect of the balloon over the photo.
    Have a lovely week.
    Hugs Sharon. x

    ReplyDelete
  4. I hope the horsefly issues will be lying well and truly behind you very soon. They are absolutely nasty things.

    This card is just beautiful. The photo works so well.

    Heike xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a clever card! Love the hot air balloon. Hope your hand is better. Thanks for sharing your card with us at Sister Act this week. Cathy xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Mornin' Elaine... poor you, your hand must have been so painful and blood poisoning as well! I do hope this is a better week for you and that your hand is getting back to normal. Loving your project, the scenery is beautiful and the balloon just perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is just lovely Elaine. I'm sorry to hear about your hand and wish you a speedy recovery. I love your card and especially that summery hot-air balloon you added.

    Thanks for playing along at CYP.

    Lynn, CYP DT

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wonderful card, Elaine! Love the bright and happy colours you've used! Hope your hand is better now! Sounds really nasty, poor you!
    Thank you for joining us at Delightful Challenges. Jane xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. love the balloon with the photo. A great idea. Thanks for joining us at Creative Corner this week

    ReplyDelete
  10. Lovely scenic photo ! Thanks for joining us over at Brown Sugar Challenge~

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wonderful card. Love the scenic photo with the hot air balloon. Looks fantastic!
    Thank you for sharing your talent with us at Delightful Challenges. Good luck!
    Nick

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your lovely comments, I really appreciate them all :-) Elaine-xxx-

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...