My Lovely Followers

Monday, 6 October 2014

All Crafts Challenge Butterfly Backlit Canvas!

Good morning everyone! Hope you are well! I am here with my DT creation for my All Crafts Challenge October/November :-)
Ive made a backlit butterfly canvas using simple crafting stash most people will have but to give a really different look!
I started with a little canvas, a set of LED battery powered lights (LEDS dont give off heat so are safe to use in the back of the canvas), Linen cardstock, Gold embossing powder, various butterfly stamps and dies (more details later in the post) MME papers, Stampin' Up punch and Distress inks.
I began by sewing the lights into the back of the canvas-its the most effective way I have found as you can direct the bulbs exactly where you want them without them falling etc. I also used a little bit of glue to set the ends of my threads to make sure they stay nice and tight :-)
I then cut the linen card so it was the same size as the canvas. Then I die cut three butterflies directly from this cardstock using docrafts butterfly dies.
I die cut various butterfly shapes out of linen cardstock and MME paper (for the tiny gold butterflies) using docrafts, memory box and spellbinder dies, and with a stampin' up die.
I then heat embossed the patterns on to the larger butterflies with gold embossing powder.
Next I coloured the various butterflies with distress inks in various patterns. I then stamped the tiny blue distress ink butterflies with a script stamp for the darker pattern on their wings.
Next I glued the cardstock onto the canvas and glued on my design, making sure the bend the butterflies with my fingers into realistic flying poses.
As you can see this canvas has three 'looks'-light off/lights on with the room light on/and lights on in the dark.
I love this so much I think its going to end up as a gift to myself! Hope you like it too :-)

I would like to enter this into the following challenges:

Thank you for looking and for all your lovely comments!


18 comments:

  1. Oh my this is just gorgeous, I love all those beautiful butterflies and the lighting is superb. Many thanks for joining in our challenge at MTTC this week, hope to see you again.

    Pat xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow this is fabulous. Gorgeous butterflies and the lighting is just amazing.

    Thank you for sharing with us at Fashionable Stamping Challenges.

    Warm crafty hugs from Shirl x x x
    ShirlsCards.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is stunning! We are so happy you decided to stroll through our neighborhood and leave this beauty on our front porch, we were delighted to find it there. We have named you as our CAS Queen of Clean Designer of the Day for Monday, October 6, 2014. Your project will featured on our FB page today. www.facebook.com/avenue613.
    Hugz,
    Chana, Owner
    613 Avenue Create Challenge Blog

    ReplyDelete
  4. Absolutely stunning! Thanks so much for sharing.
    Hugs,
    Bev x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful canvas and love the butterflies--thanks for joining us at AAGWAT
    Carol DT x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Stunning canvas, thanks for joining us at Creative Corner this week.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Just beautiful! Thanks for sharing at crafting at the weekend , good luck x

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is a beautiful creation with great details. Love the colours and embellishments. All the elements work so well together. It is perfect for our 16th ‘ANYTHING GOES’ challenge. Thanks for sharing your talent with us. Good luck.
    Hugs
    Desíre
    {Art by Miran Showcase DT Member}
    {Doing Life – my personal blog}

    ReplyDelete
  9. Elaine, I forgot to tell you to stop by our FB page www.facebook.com/avenue613 say hello, and grab your Designer of The Day Badge.
    Hugz,
    Chana

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is fantastic, I may try something like this for H's room.
    Claire xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Soft yet stunning. What a beautiful make. Thank you for playing this week at 613 Avenue Create.
    Cheers,
    Aurora

    ReplyDelete
  12. Beautiful. Thank you for joining us on 613 Ave Create.

    ReplyDelete
  13. waaw... a stunning creation... love it either the light is on or off... thank you for sharing it with us at Art by MiRan challenge #16.. good luck ;)

    hugs,
    ~RoRa

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love this - such a beautiful project! Thanks for sharing at CATW - good luck and hope to see you again x

    ReplyDelete
  15. HI - sorry for the last minute visit, this is a beautiful canvas, thanks so much for sharing with us at FSC...Esther xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your lovely comments, I really appreciate them all :-) Elaine-xxx-

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...