My Lovely Followers

Sunday, 12 October 2014

Embossed Storm and Acrylic Backlit Canvas

Hey everyone, hope you are well :-) I am here with a present for a friend to say thank you. I made a backlit storm themed canvas using led lights, canvas, linen cardstock, black embossing powder, versamarker embossing pen, silver and various blue and purple acrylic paints, and craft knife.
I began by sewing led lights into the back of the canvas, that way I could control the spread of light over the front of the canvas. I then started my design by cutting a linen cardstock to the same dimensions of the canvas. I hand wrote 'Storm' in versamarker embossing pen and covered with black embossing powder and heat set it.
Next I began cutting lightning type holes and patterns into the panel. I affixed the panel when I was done to the canvas.
I then began painting in different mixes of blues, purples and silver acrylic paint and in a tumultuous way to suggest a stormy sky.
The top photo is the canvas in the day, and the second is the canvas lit at night with the backlit areas really popping through the lightning areas.

Id like to enter this into the following challenges:

Thank you for looking and for all your lovely comments :-)

9 comments:

  1. Wow, Elaine...this is amazing! So clever to add the LED lights! You've chosen the perfect colors to create your "storm"! So happy you could join us at ATS&M!

    ReplyDelete
  2. A lovely creation. Thanks for sharing with us at Imagination Crafts.
    Mags
    x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow!! This is an amazing canvas Elaine! LOVE your storm scene ... great job. Perfect colours and love the lightening bolts - so clever. Thanks for joining us at ATS&M.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your lightning is so... striking! Would love to see this canvas in person, how fun! Thanks for playing along with us this week at Addicted to Stamps and More!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow! Your creation is gorgeous! Love, love, love it! :) Thank you for sharing on this week's Artistry Challenge.
    Melissa - Vandicrafts

    ReplyDelete
  6. This looks a bit like the thunderstorm we had here the other day. Great artistic creation. Thanks for joining us at ATSM this week. Monika

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such a striking canvas and I so love that you have added backlights....bet it looks stunning on the wall.
    Thank you for sharing with us over at Altered Eclectics...x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow cool looking canvas!! Thanks for joining us at Crafting At The Weekend! Angie-DT

    http://angiescraftblog.blogspot.com/
    http://angiesdigistamps.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is a fabulous project and I may just have to try something similar perhaps with sunshine mind you my skills do not really waiver that way. ​Thank you for joining in with our challenge this month and hope to see you in future challenges.
    Hugz and love Elaine aka Ellapu​

    ​Owner of
    ​Handcrafted by Ellapu
    Altered Eclectics
    Eclectic Ellapu
    ​DT for​
    Anything but a Card

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your lovely comments, I really appreciate them all :-) Elaine-xxx-

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...