My Lovely Followers

Saturday, 1 November 2014

A Little Bit Crafty-Less is More!


Good morning everyone! Hope you are well :-) I am here for our 'Less is More' challenge at A Little Bit Crafty this time :-)
I made a little backlit canvas-a cheap but very effective present :-)
I bought a little square canvas and a box of 20 led lights with a battery pack.
I started by sewing the lights into the reverse of the canvas so they are static and stay where I want them. I glued each end of thread to really secure them.
I cut a panel of linen cardstock the same size of the canvas and put the panel through my grand calibur with the Memory box Butterfly heart die, and an extra butterfly die from my stash.
I then painted the butterflies with three colours of cosmic shimmer-making the odd butterfly a pattern of each of the three colours I had used randomly on the heart pattern.
Lastly here is photos of it with the lights on and the lights off, I hope you like it!

I'd like to enter this into the following challenges:

Thank you for looking and for all your lovely comments!

22 comments:

  1. Just stunning, love it.
    Jane (fellow DT) x

    ReplyDelete
  2. The card on its own is fabulous.....with the lights on it's stunning. What a clever idea :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Now that is crafty! Such a beautiful project. Well done. Thanks for joining us at Alphabet Challenges.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the card!! What a great gift!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your creations is so very wonderfull! It fit´s perfectly for our photoinspiration at Fairytale Challenge! Thank you for joining us! xx Bianca

    ReplyDelete
  6. That's really creative. Thanks for joining us at ATSM! Hope to see you again.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is a gorgeous canvas I love what you have done with the lighting. It would make a great present for someone. Hugs Jackie

    ReplyDelete
  8. Absolutely gorgeous, love it!
    Wendy xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Awesome. Thanks for playing with us at The Crafter's Café this week.
    Margaret, DT

    ReplyDelete
  10. This one is a stunner - fab piece of work!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thank you for joining this week at Not Just Cards Challenges Good luck and We hope you'll join us again soon.
    Zoe x
    Handmade with lots of Love

    ReplyDelete
  12. That is gorgeous Elaine brilliant idea.
    Claire
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Gorgeous card on its' own, and I love how you showcased it with the lights!
    Thanks so much for playing along with us this week at ATSM!

    ReplyDelete
  14. What a fantastic idea. The lights just make this so special. Thanks for joining us at ATSM

    ReplyDelete
  15. I thought it was simply beautiful with the butterflies and how clean and simple it was but you added the lights behind it and I mean wow the pop is incredible. Thank you very much for sharing your awesome inspiration with us at 4 Crafty Chicks Anything Goes Challenge.

    Tamie 4CC DT

    ReplyDelete
  16. Beautiful card, wonderful colour combo. Thanks for joining us at The Crafter's Cafe !!! I hope you get to join us again for our next challenge. Agnieszka DT

    ReplyDelete
  17. I love your pretty butterfly canvas, Elaine! Thank you for sharing it with us at the Crafty Catz! Ingrid x

    ReplyDelete
  18. Gorgeous! I love butterflies and simplicity, so you got my attention at that already :-) Thanks so much for sharing and joining us at Divas by Design this week. Hugs, Mirella

    ReplyDelete
  19. such a fabulous make and so pleased you shared with us at Divas By Design this week with our anything goes challenge and good luck

    ReplyDelete
  20. Great card.

    Thanks for joining us at Penny's

    Helen x

    ReplyDelete
  21. Me again! Thanks for joining us at the Alphabet Challenge too.

    Helen x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your lovely comments, I really appreciate them all :-) Elaine-xxx-

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...