My Lovely Followers

Sunday, 16 November 2014

Backlit 3D Embossed Heart Canvas

Good afternoon everyone, hope you are well! I am here with a present for a friend :-)
For this project I used blank canvas, linen cardstock, led lights, clear holographic embossing powder, heart dies, cosmic shimmer pigment powder, needle, thread and glue.
I began by sewing the led lights into the back of the canvas using a needle and thread. Any ends of the threads I secured with a knot and a dab of glue to seal.
I then cut a panel of linen cardstock to cover the front of the canvas. I then ran this through my die cutting machine with all the heart dies in a nesting pattern. I then embossed and coloured some of the die cut hearts with clear holographic embossing powder covering stamped swirls and I painted the colour with cosmic shimmer powder (so in real life its dark and pearlescent and as you move the hearts look a different shimmering colour or shine depending on the angle). I then glued the panel and hearts onto the canvas. The hearts I had left blank I glued directly onto the canvas like the outside of the heart-and then pierced with a needle in heart patterns so you can see the light coming through those areas clearly. I then bent the coloured hearts so they are 3D compared to the rest of the heart.
I have shown the canvas with the lights off/on so you can see the difference :-)

I would like to enter this into the following challenges:
Thank you for looking and for all your lovely comments :-)

12 comments:

  1. Really cool! This would make such a unique nightlight!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a stunning project, so creestive to use lights behind the canvas, love this idea. Thanks for joining us at Ink x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Brilliant idea to sew LEDs on the back of the canvas. A really lovely gift and thanks for sharing with us at Altered Eclectics.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a fab idea, it's looks great with the lights.

    Thanks for sharing your lovely work with us at Allsorts challenge this week.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very interesting project. Looks fab with the lights behind the canvas.
    Thank you for playing with us at INKspirational Challenges for our "Shine" challenge.
    Pia xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for joining us at allsorts x

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a fabulous canvas..love the idea of the lights behind the canvas,it gives off a lovely effect...I bet it looks gorgeous in the dark...
    Thank you for joining us over at Altered Eclectics...x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Looks fab , thank you for joining us over at the Crafting Musketeers this month , Fran (DT) xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Fabulous project, thank you so much for sharing with the Sweet Stampin, hope you can join us for next weeks challenge.

    Warm hugs
    Maarit

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love your project it looks so amazing. Thanks for sharing it with us at Sweet Stampin' :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great design. Thank you for joining in with the Sisters of Craft challenge. Crafty Blessings. Tracy SOC DT x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your lovely comments, I really appreciate them all :-) Elaine-xxx-

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...