My Lovely Followers

Monday, 3 November 2014

Backlit Pastels Butterfly Canvas

Good afternoon everyone! Hope you are well :-) I am here to show you something I made for my 'All Crafts Challenge' where we encourage people to enter their non card creations :-)
I made a backlit butterfly canvas as a present for a friend.
I used a small canvas, led lights (these dont get hot so are safe), rainbow inks, clear embossing powder, Docrafts butterfly dies and stamps, Memory box butterfly dies and Stampin' Up Butterfly stamp and punch, white cotton and a needle and linen cardstock.
I began by stitching the lights into the back of the canvas with the white thread and needle. I secured each end of thread with a knot and a dab of glue so its strong. This way I can keep lights from all falling to the bottom!
I then cut a panel of linen cardstock to fit my canvas. I then die cut some shapes directly from this panel using the dies and putting it through my grand calibur.
I then decorated the butterflies by stamping in different colour inks and heat embossing over this with clear embossing powder.
I then arranged the butterflies over the front of the canvas and glued them, and then I made little tiny holes to represent a flight path by pricking the cardstock with the needle.
The photos show during the day, in the evening with the lights on, and the canvas on in a dark room.

I would like to enter this into the following challenges:

Thank you for looking and for all your lovely comments!

11 comments:

  1. This is beautiful Elaine. The butterflies in all the different sizes are gorgeous but even more so with the lights. Love it.
    Have a lovely week.
    Hugs Sharon. x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful! Such a clever idea! Thank you for joining us at Eclectic Ellapu for our latest challenge!
    Claire xx
    EE DT

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi laine; I first thought this was a card, but now I see it's not. Anyway I just love it! Greetings from Stockholm,
    Charlotta / La Vikinga

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow what a brilliant idea Elaine, a beautiful canvas in the daylight, but it looks amazing when lit up. Thank you so much for sharing with us at Country View Crafts. Sue xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a fun and unique creation, Elaine! Your friend will adore it! Thanks for joining us at the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very fun canvas! Thanks for sharing with us at Crafty Catz this week. Cindy-Dt

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is so cool and I catching. i am certain your friend loves it!

    ReplyDelete
  8. How beautiful!

    Thanks for joining us at Eclectic Ellapu this week and I hope you come back soon!

    Hugz

    Laurian

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is gorgeous and love your color combo. Thank you for sharing with us over at Eclectic Ellapu this month and do hope to see you in further challenges. x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Very nice.
    Thanks for sharing your project and joining us for our current challenge at Eclectic Ellapu.
    Kat, DT

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your lovely comments, I really appreciate them all :-) Elaine-xxx-

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...