My Lovely Followers

Thursday, 18 December 2014

Crafty Ribbons Challenge- Penguin Pals!

Good morning everyone! Hope you are well :-) I am here with my DT creation for our 'Penguin Pals' challenge over at Crafty Ribbons!
I have been making little christmas gifts for friends and so I had the idea to alter a lovely plain glass jar I found so I used Crafty Ribbons Penguin Pals digi printed onto Crafty Computer Paper's inkjet waterslide transfer paper, and ribbon to match from the Penguin Pals range here.
I started by sizing the Penguin in serif software and printing it onto the special paper. I then varnished the paper twice and left for 48 hours.
To use I immersed the image in water for 30 seconds, and then carefully applied to my jar. It helps if the jar is a little wet itself where you want the image to be because that way the image moves easily if it needs repositioning. I then tied ribbon onto the top of the jar, and filled it with yummy chewits!
Thank you for looking and for all your lovely comments!

3 comments:

  1. Wow fantastic; what a lot of skills needed to do this :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. this is fantastic - would make a great gift! Love the penguin - haven't heard of the waterslide transfer paper - I might need some of that LOL!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. How super sweet is this?! I would definitely be wanting to eat some candy out of there!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your lovely comments, I really appreciate them all :-) Elaine-xxx-

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...