My Lovely Followers

Monday, 15 December 2014

Twine Wrapped Christmas Heart Decoration

Good afternoon everyone, hope you are well! I am here with one of my little handmade presents for my friends :-)
I started with a polystyrene heart, twine, Home for Christmas ribbon and bow, gems, eye pin for jewellery making, split ring and thin red ribbon.

I used double sided tape to affix the twine to the heart. I began at the bottom-winding the twine around in a circle and moving up from there. I dabbed the start with some glue to make sure it would stay put. I wound it to the top until I couldnt wrap it round both sides anymore-I then wound twine on one side of the heart, cut then did the same on the other. I dabbed both ends with glue.
I put glue on an eye pin I use for jewellery making and plunged this into the top of the heart so I could hang it well. I then added a split ring and tied ribbon from this.

I then decorated my heart simply by using Home for Christmas ribbon and a bow, adding a little gem to the centre of the ribbon.

I would like to enter this into the following challenges:

Thank you for looking and for all your lovely comments!

9 comments:

  1. Very cute and adorable. Thanks for sharing with us at the come And Get It challenge. Barb

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love it! Very pretty and the design is doable year round! Thanks for sharing with us here at 613 Avenue Create!
    Hugz,
    Chana Malkah, Owner

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow you must be so patient. This is super :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow what a lovely ide it must have take all you patience... Thank you so very much for joining in on our challenge at "A Crafty Mess." Good luck, and we hope to see you again soon...

    Rhonda DT
    http://a-crafty-mess.blogspot.co.uk http://craftyartisans.blogspot.co.uk
    http://101watercolor.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful. Thanks for entering your lovely crafting for CHNC challenge 207 - you could also enter this into my CHNC challenge extra for December - I'd love to see it there too. x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Super Cute! Thanks for sharing with us at 613 Avenue Create! Hope to see you again soon!

    ReplyDelete
  7. such a simple but cute idea :)

    feel free to enter the giveaway on my blog <3

    xo, Martina
    http://mcm-ina.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Such a sweet project. Thank you for sharing your wonderful project with us at Come And Get It challenge.Neva

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your lovely comments, I really appreciate them all :-) Elaine-xxx-

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...