My Lovely Followers

Thursday, 16 April 2015

Crafty Ribbons Challenge Circles



Good morning everyone, hope you are well :) I am here with a necklace made for our 'Circles' challenge at Crafty Ribbons. I began with the pendant-I bought some brass blanks and glass domes a while ago and hadn't got around to creating with them yet but I found the perfect image for them! I used papermania paper which had butterflies on and glued the glass dome onto the paper using clear varnish glue. I waited for this to dry, then cut around the dome with scissors to remove the extra paper. I then used the same glue to affix the glass dome with the image on.
I wanted to use Crafty Ribbons Lace as my necklace as it really works well with the vintage look. I used ribbon clasps at the ends with glue to make sure it was fixed well and wouldn't fray. I then added a magnetic clasp. Next I found the centre and used a jump ring to gather the lace and hang the pendant from.

I hope you like it! Please pop by and join us, we have some fabulous ribbon to win :)

Thank you for visiting and for all your lovely comments :)

2 comments:

  1. Oh wow Elaine I love it! You're so right about the lace working with the vintage butterfly image. It would look stunning with flowers too. I really must give this a try. Thanks for the inspiration again!
    Hugs Suzanne xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your lovely comments, I really appreciate them all :-) Elaine-xxx-

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...