My Lovely Followers

Tuesday, 22 March 2016

Homemade Jute Cork board and pins




















Another project for my new room! I was bored of the old office style thin wooden framed cork boards I had and they needed replacing anyway. I wanted my new board to be different and I love the look of jute. I looked at buying one with a nice frame but they were expensive-and when decorating every penny matters.

So I bought a large silver photo frame I liked and took it apart. I discarded the glass and the back of the frame.

I had two sheets of cork and a layer of jute. I placed these in the frame, with mod podge between the layers and lastly added thick corrugated cardboard to the back. We then affixed it to the wall with screws.

Next I made my own decorative pins with attractive buttons I had in my stash. That way I get to keep them but for a useful purpose instead of them sitting in tins!

I would like to enter the following challenges:
Crafting from the Heart: Anything Goes
Craft Your Passion: Anything Goes
Not just Cards: Anything Goes
Corrosive Challenges: Anything Goes
Love to Create: Mixed Media Anything Goes
Everybody Art Challenge: Anything Goes
Through the Craft Room Door Challenge: Anything Goes

Thank you for looking and for all your lovely comments :)

1 comment:

  1. Wow what a clever idea Elaine, looks fab too. Thanks so much for joining our 'Anything Creative/Mixed Media Goes' challenge at We Love 2 Create this time
    Claire xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your lovely comments, I really appreciate them all :-) Elaine-xxx-

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...