My Lovely Followers

Sunday, 15 May 2016

A Unique Butterfly Canvas Collage



















Hey everyone, hope you are well! I am here with something that I am truly proud of which I created to decorate my new room.
Over the years I have taken hundreds of photos of butterflies-it is my other passion in life besides crafting and something I enjoy immensely. I thought it was a shame that many of these photos are hidden inside scrapbooks and external hard drives not getting every day use and I wanted a way to display some of my progress in a way to nod to the theme of my new room.

I bought a canvas that would fit in the space between my (handmade too!) four poster bed and my (handmade) headboard. (I may link these projects later, if so will link to the relevant posts)

I had plenty of printable canvas, glue, my photos and serif Craft Artist 2 software to use. I wanted the canvas to look really special so I decided each butterfly photo would be digitally placed into various frames I have within the software either from the kits or from free vintage frames from The Graphics Fairy.

I made a page in the software and placed my chosen butterfly photos in their respective frames. I was able to see their measurements on the page in the software and I then saved and printed onto the canvas. I think I printed 6 or 7 A4 pages of these photos in the end onto the canvas.

I then cut carefully around the various frames and placed to one side. Once I had cut out all of the photos in their frames I began to arrange them onto the canvas, gluing and stitching as I went when I was sure I was happy with where I had placed them.

I then hung it on the wall above my bed-somewhere I can enjoy my butterfly photos every single day!

I would like to enter this into the following challenges:
A Vintage Journey Challenge: Sew Special
Art By Miran Challenge: Anything Goes
Crafting with Friends: Anything Goes
Creative Fingers Challenge: Anything Goes
PDE Linky Party Challenge: Anything Goes
Crafting with an Attitude: Anything Goes

Thank you for looking and for all your lovely comments!

4 comments:

  1. Beautiful wall hanging, very creative way to display your butterfly pictures. Thank you for joining us at PDE Linky Party.

    Sue - PDE Linky Party DT
    http://suek86401.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful photos and your project is such a lovely way of making them stand out ♥ Thanks for sharing your creations with us at Creative Fingers! Hope you will join us again!
    Remember to check back to see if you are one of our winners too :)
    And I'm so sorry to be late commenting! Had a bad month healthwise.. PS: I got a sweet blogcandy if you wanna join in! ♥ Tindaloo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow - that's a real labour of love. What a wonderful way to make the most of all those amazing photos - and they look fantastic. Thanks for joining us on A Vintage Journey.
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete
  4. What an incredible project that is! How wonderful to be able to see your beautiful butterflies all the time. Thank you for joining us at A Vintage Journey xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your lovely comments, I really appreciate them all :-) Elaine-xxx-

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...