My Lovely Followers

Thursday, 12 May 2016

Enjoy the Journey Mixed Media Canvas






















Good evening everyone. I am here with a project I made for my male best friend who loves bikes. Sometimes it can be hard to create for men but I really enjoyed making this :)

I started with a small plain canvas, wooden bike embellishments, printable canvas, texture paste, stencils, spray inks, water, some clear stamps, embossing powder and stazon.

I began by gluing strips of torn paper for a mixture of textures on the plain canvas. I let this dry.

Next I started stamping onto the canvas with stazon-I used some texture stamps and also some 'sewing stitches' stamps. Because of the different levels on the canvas it gave the wonderful 'messy' look I was imagining.

I then got out my spray inks and water and spritzed over the canvas-in some areas rubbing the colour into the canvas and in others leaving the 'spray' look of the ink. I did this in stages to get good coverage until I was happy.

I decided I wanted some more texture so I got out my texture paste and some stencils. I smeared this on in a messy fashion. Next I sprinkled some blue embossing powder onto areas of the paste where I wanted a different look and set with a heat gun.

I then embellished with a digital sentiment printed onto canvas using serif Craft Artist software, a pin badge and a bright yellow penny farthing bike.

I would like to enter this into the following challenges:

Try it on Tuesday: Spots, Dots and Splashes
Aud Sentiments: Anything goes with a sentiment
Inspiration Station: Anything Goes
The Male Room: Transport
The Sisterhood of Crafters: No Patterned Paper
The Crafty Addicts: Anything Goes add a sentiment
Through the Purple Haze Challenges: Anything Goes

Thank you for visiting and for your lovely comments!

12 comments:

  1. I love the way this turned out. That bicycle is just the cutest ever. If I were a bike riding male, I would love to receive this card. You really did a great job. genie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just stunning, love it!

    Thank you for sharing with us at Inspiration Destination this week, good luck!
    Hugs Shell xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is piece of art! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great canvas. I love the colors and the image. Thanks for joining us at Aud Sentiments. Lovely work
    Billie A (DT)

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a lovely canvas! Great colors. Thanks for playing with us at The Crafty Addicts :) xx Mari

    ReplyDelete
  6. FABULOUS canvas ... great job! Thanks so much for joining us at The Sisterhood’s ‘NO DESIGNER PAPER’ challenge and please come back again soon!
    Darlene
    one of the 'Sistahs'
    The Sisterhood of Crafters
    DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such a beautiful canvas. Thank you for joining us at TioT.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I totally LOVE your fabulous background work! This is so cool!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love the background for your card. Lots of lovely texture. Thanks for entering the challenge at Through The Purple Haze this fortnight, Jackie DT x

    ReplyDelete
  10. A fantastic canvas, thank you for joining us over at TioT's this time.
    Yvonne

    ReplyDelete
  11. Awesome! So nice to see a mixed media canvas here. Love all the texture and colours. The wooden bike is just fab and perfect for the theme. Thanks so much for playing along with us at The Male Room, Deborah. DT.

    ReplyDelete
  12. A fabulous canvas, love the background.
    Thanks for sharing with us at TioT
    Avril x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your lovely comments, I really appreciate them all :-) Elaine-xxx-

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...