My Lovely Followers

Monday, 30 May 2016

Vintage Dimensional Butterfly Box Frame

























Hey everyone, I hope you are well :) I am here with a project I really have fallen in love with :) I won some printable cotton from crafty computer paper a little while ago and I wanted to think of different ways to use it.
I started with a box frame, some unbleached cotton, printable cotton, cardstock, glue and vintage images of butterflies.

I printed the butterflies onto a sheet of printable cotton, and then a second the same size onto cardstock. I cut around the fabric butterflies and then mounted them onto cardstock to make the dimensional look I wanted possible. I then folded these cotton butterflies wings and glued them onto the printed butterfly below.
As I waited for them to dry I used the paper insert that came with the frame to cut out a cardboard mount. I then covered this with the unbleached cotton.
Lastly I placed the butterflies where I was happy on the unbleached cotton mount and placed inside the frame.

I would like to enter this into the following challenges:
Creative Knockout: Anything Goes
613 Avenue Create: Anything Goes
Eclectic Ellapu: Anything Goes
Corrosive Challenge: Spring
Love to Create: Anything Mixed Media Goes
Crafting with An Attitude: Anything Goes
Crafty Catz: Get ready for summer

Thank you for looking and for all your lovely comments!

5 comments:

  1. Thank you for sharing your lovely project with us at Crafting with an Attitude - good luck
    Lyn - DT

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just wanted to say how beautiful your box frame is! the butterflies are gorgeous

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh wow this is brilliant and would be perfect for our next challenge. sorry for the late comment. Thanks for sharing with us at crafty Catz and hope you will join us this week with our butterfly challenge

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a pretty project. It looks stunning. Thank you for joining us over at Crafty Catz. Hugs Nina

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is so lovely! Thanks for joining us this week at 613 Avenue Create! We hope to see you again soon.

    Sara
    My Blog

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your lovely comments, I really appreciate them all :-) Elaine-xxx-

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...