My Lovely Followers

Thursday, 16 June 2016

Crafty Ribbons Anything Goes: Printable Shrink Plastic Butterflies Bookmark

























Hey everyone, I hope you are well! I am here with a project to show you using Crafty Ribbons Vintage Butterfly Ribbon for our 'Anything Goes' challenge. This range is without doubt one of my favourite ranges they have created- so versatile and pretty!

I started by cutting the ribbon long enough to save a book's pages effectively. I used a book I own to do so. I then placed clamps at either end of the ribbon once I had glued the ends and that makes a stronger bond which prevents fraying.

I then made my embellishments for the bookmark-following the butterfly theme! I used Printable shrink plastic and printed off some gorgeous free vintage butterfly digis from The Graphics Fairy which is one of my favourite sites on the internet!
I cut round the butterflies once I was sure the ink was dry and I left a place to punch a hole into so I would be able to attach them to my bookmark.
They were then been baked until small in the oven. Make sure you don't touch them when they are really hot!
Once they had cooled and pressed until flat after heating in a heavy book I added rings to attach them to my ribbon bookmark. A simple and easy project!

I would like to enter this into the following challenges:
Artistic Inspirations: Anything Goes
Crafting from the Heart: Anything Goes
Inspiration Destination: Anything Goes
Rubys Rainbow: Anything but a Card
Through the Craft Room Door: Anything Goes
Critters and Creatures: Anything Goes
Our Crafty Corner: Anything Goes

Thank you for looking and for all your lovely comments!

11 comments:

  1. What a pretty idea. Thanks for joining us at Craft your passion challenges.
    Happy crafting! Catherine x DT

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a pretty idea. Thanks for joining us at Craft your passion challenges.
    Happy crafting! Catherine x DT

    ReplyDelete
  3. Totally love your bookmark! Thank you so much for entering the Anything Goes challenge at Through The Craft Room Door this week. Looking forward to see you again next challenge.
    Happy crafting,
    AngelaTTCRD DT
    Taste Of Craftiness {My Blog}
    Through The Craft Room Door
    ttcrd.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! What a wonderful bookmark! I like the little butterfly charms on either end. Thanks for joining us in the {Our Crafty Corner Challenge}! Hope to see more of your pretty projects again soon! Please check back to see if you are a winner!

    crafty hugs,
    de
    P.S. I'd love for you stop by my personal blog to say hello if you have a chance. Thanks!
    {Creative Smiles}

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wonderful bookmark! I think I'm going to make one too. :-) Thanks for joining us at Crafting from the Heart this week. Please link directly to the Challenge post rather than the Challenge blog to be eligible for the prize or Favorite.
    HeatherM

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great project!!! Very beautiful. I love the butterflies! Thanks for sharing with us at Inspiration Destination this week. Good luck!!! Patricia

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is a fab bookmark. Thank you so much for sharing with us at Ruby's Rainbow.
    Hugs Helen (DT) x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow, this is a fabulous creative idea, your bookmark is amazing. and beautiful. Thanks for joining us at Ruby's Rainbow. Caz DT

    ReplyDelete
  9. Fabulous creation! thank you so much for joining us at Ruby's Rainbow Challenges, hope you will join us again
    Shaz DT x

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a great idea! Really beautiful!
    Thanks so much for sharing!

    Ellie
    Critters and Creatures Linky Party
    Let's Color Linky Party

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your lovely comments, I really appreciate them all :-) Elaine-xxx-

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...