My Lovely Followers

Saturday, 11 June 2016

Crafty Ribbons Polka Dot Shoe Embellishments

























Hey everyone, I  hope you are well! I am big into Vintage clothing and accessories at the moment and just bought a gorgeous dress from a Vintage dress store which was Navy with Red Piping. I found some gorgeous Navy shoes but I wanted to add some red to really make them 'pop' and match my outfit.

I found some shoe clips on ebay for sale but none were what I wanted-so I decided to make my own! I found some shoe clip findings, also on ebay, and got together some Navy Grosgrain ribbon, Red Polka Dot bias binding, white seed beads, needles and thread, glue and beading needle and thread. (I linked to the correct ribbon and bias binding on Crafty Ribbons store!)
























I cut four equal lengths of Navy Ribbon, and two of the polka dot Bias Binding. I then glued each of these folded in on each other one by one to make a look of a bow. I then left them to dry with a clothes peg keeping the glue secure while it dried. I then started to craft my bows once dry.
























I organised the bottom grosgrain ribbon so they crossed in the centre, then added the red polka dot in the centre. Next I began to sew these layers together. I then got out my beading needle and thread and secured the seed beads in the centre.
Lastly I glued the shoe clips to the reverse of the bows.

The best thing is you can put these bows on any shoes, at any area of the shoe without damaging them. I moved one to the back of the heel to show you how easily this is done.

I would like to enter this into the following challenges:
Allsorts Challenge: Fancy Bows and Ribbons
A Beautiful Mess: Anything Goes
Crafting with Friends: Anything Goes
Creative Artiste Challenge: Anything Goes
Simply Create Too: Use Buttons or Bows
Crafting with an Attitude: Anything Goes
Crafty Girls Creations: Anything Goes

Thank you for looking and for all your lovely comments!

15 comments:

  1. What a transformation. These certainly do make the shoes pop!
    Glad you dropped by at Creative Artistes Mixed Media Challenge this month.
    Hugs Sheryl DT member xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. very patriotic feel to them - ideal to celebrate the Queens birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the polka dots Elaine! Your shoes look very pretty with the ribbons. Shabneez xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi these shoes are stunning. Take care. Hugs Jackie

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great idea!

    Thanks for playing along with our current challenge at A Beautiful Mess and good luck!

    Hugs
    Doris *DT*

    *DT* A Beautiful Mess
    *DT* Die Sketchtanten
    Kleido’s BastelStüble

    ReplyDelete
  6. really neat idea, and I also loved the framed butterflies

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for joining our Challenge at A Beautiful Mess.

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a fantastic idea and wow, those shoes look fabulous - would cost you an absolute fortune in the shops

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks for joining us at A Beautiful Mess. Good luck.
    Bye,
    Groetjes van Ine (DT)
    http://creaine-cards.blogspot.nl/

    ReplyDelete
  10. Such a pretty and different way to use ribbons, many thanks for sharing with us at Allsorts challenge.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Ganz super gemacht. Danke für die Teilnahme bei A Beautiful Mess.
    LG Dreja

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a fab idea, thanks for joining us at Allsorts. xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thanks for joining us at allsorts Tracy X

    ReplyDelete
  14. How very sweet! Thank you for joining our Anything Goes challenge at Crafting With Friends!

    Tracy (DT)

    ReplyDelete
  15. cute idea
    Thank you so much for entering our challenge over at Creative Artiste Mixed Media Challenge Blog, we hope to see you join in again...
    Hugs Rhonda DT & Owner xxx
    http://creativeartistemixedmedia.blogspot.co.uk

    Creative Artiste Challenge Blog
    creativeartistemixedmedia.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your lovely comments, I really appreciate them all :-) Elaine-xxx-

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...