My Lovely Followers

Tuesday, 21 June 2016

Crafty Ribbons Vintage Polka Dot Shoe Clips

























Hey everyone, hope you are well! I am with some more shoe clips that I have made to accessorise my new vintage dresses from Lindy Bop :) I used Crafty Ribbons Basics to Go Grosgrain ribbons, Crafty Ribbons Polka Dot Ribbon, beads and shoe clip blanks.
I started by gluing four black grosgrain ribbons with a fold in the middle of the back, then two of the white polka dot. I used a peg to make sure they dried securely.















I then glued two of the black ribbons into a bow shape (not tying a knot keeps the bow from being too bulky!) and then added the white polka dot in the centre with the black ribbons peeking out from behind it.  I repeated this with the other side.















I then sewed a line of seed beads in the centre using a beading needle. Lastly I glued onto the shoe clips using a glue gun.

I love these because you can wear them on any shoes, any time-and any where on the shoe! They don't damage your shoes so you can switch up basic shoes and make them really special and match your outfit!

I would like to enter this into the following challenges:
Through the Craft Room Door: Anything Goes
Artistic Inspiration: Anything Goes
Craft-Dee Bowz: Anything Goes
Crafting from the Heart: Anything Goes
Crafty Catz: Going Dottie
Glitter 'N' Sparkle: Anything Goes

Thank you for looking and for all your lovely comments!

2 comments:

  1. Wow, Elaine! These are beautiful! What a great idea and they are so versatile. Thanks for joining the Craft-Dee BowZ June Challenge, "Anything goes and include a handmade bow".

    ReplyDelete
  2. how clever is that! ingenious and as you said you can have them match any outfit. thank you for sharing it with us at TTCRD and goodluck, Theresa DT xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your lovely comments, I really appreciate them all :-) Elaine-xxx-

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...