My Lovely Followers

Friday, 24 June 2016

Love Rings Altered Jewellery Box


















Hey everyone, hope you are well :) I am here with a storage solution for my rings-I always find myself absent mindedly placing them somewhere 'safe' but then can't find them! I bought this plain wooden box a little while ago and hadn't got on with decorating it so I decided now was the time!
I used my new favourite paint-chalky paint :) I loved the little lower panel on the lid so decided I had to create something special for it.
I bought some plain unbleached cotton, measured some cardstock to fit into the void and covered the cardstock with the material. I then heat embossed the love sentiment onto the fabric as an experiment. I was pretty pleased with how it came out!
Next I dealt with the inside. I bought some hair curling foam things in the pound shop. I cut the plastic ends off and removed the wires from inside. I then cut them to fit in the void inside the box. Lastly I pushed them inside and voila!
























I would like to enter this into the following challenges:
Deep Ocean Challenge: Metal or Wood
Artistic Inspiration: Anything Goes
Crafting from the Heart: Anything Goes
Craft Your Passion: Anything Goes
Love to Scrap Challenge: Anything Goes
Crafty Creations Challenges: Anything Goes

Thank you for looking and for all your lovely comments!

2 comments:

  1. This is a lovely altered jewerly box. Thanks for sharing with us at Artistic Inspirations and we hope to see again soon. Hugs, Gale DT

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great idea!! Turned out beautifully. Thanks for joining us at Love to Scrap! Challenge Blog
    Tina dt

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your lovely comments, I really appreciate them all :-) Elaine-xxx-

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...