My Lovely Followers

Saturday, 18 June 2016

Pastel Backlit Butterfly Canvas

Hey everyone, I am here with a backlit canvas I made as a present :) I really love creating these backlit canvases because they feel so special and so versatile-changing the image you use on the front changes the feeling of each piece.
I begin by getting hold of some LED fairy lights (they don't burn hot so are safe to use in a project such as this!) and sewing them into the back of a canvas. I glue some areas of stitching too to make sure it stays secure.
Next I create my front panel. I used linen look cardstock because it is quite thick and it looks similar to the plain canvas below.
I die cut some of the butterflies from the canvas panel. I also die cut extra little ones and used a punch for a couple too. (The X-Cut butterfly dies/stamps are my favourites because I adore butterflies and can create so many different looks!)
I then stamped these with coloured ink and heat embossed with clear embossing enamel.
























Next I glued the front panel on and then attached the butterflies where I wanted them (making sure the ones that were die cut from the panel were in the right place.
Lastly I added gems and pricked out flight paths with a needle into the cardstock and through the canvas.
























I have tried to share what it looks like as the day goes by-in the daytime without the lights on, in the evening with the lights on in the room, and at night with the room lights off.

I would like to enter this into the following challenges:
Critters and Creatures: Anything Goes
As you like it: Favourite Die and Why
Hanna and Friends: Butterflies
Creative Artiste: Anything Goes
Crafting with Friends: Anything Goes
My Time to Craft: Summertime
Creative Fingers: Anything Goes

Thank you for looking and for all your lovely comments!

14 comments:

  1. Wow! This is stunning. Like you, I adore butterflies. Such a great idea with the canvas and lights. Shabneez xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow!! This is just beautiful! I love the canvases you make with the lights behind them, you are so creative.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely card. Super. Thanks for joining us at CWF.

    hugs
    Claudia
    DT Crafting With Friends
    http://knutselmeisjes.blogspot.be/
    http://creativesketchygirls.blogspot.be/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow this is stunning, love the effect of back lighting
    thanks for joining our challenge over at
    http://creativeartistemixedmedia.blogspot.com.au/
    Debbie Dt

    ReplyDelete
  5. Stunning project....loving the butterflies and lights....Joolsx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful. A fab effect with tose butterflies. Thanks for joining AYLI challenge. Elaine

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a wonderful gift - just love it!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a terrific idea with the lights, love it
    Thank you so much for entering our challenge over at Creative Artiste Mixed Media Challenge Blog, we hope to see you join in again...
    Hugs Rhonda DT & Owner xxx
    http://creativeartistemixedmedia.blogspot.co.uk

    Creative Artiste Challenge Blog
    creativeartistemixedmedia.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Fabulous, Thanks for joining in with our challenge at As You Like It,
    hugs Samantha :0)

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is awesome! I love it. Might have to copy... Ax

    ReplyDelete
  11. What an amazing creation Elaine, a really special and beautiful card!
    Thanks so much for sharing!

    Ellie
    Critters and Creatures Linky Party
    Let's Color Linky Party

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your lovely comments, I really appreciate them all :-) Elaine-xxx-

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...