My Lovely Followers

Friday, 3 June 2016

Vintage 'Le Papillons' Butterflies Box frame

























Hey everyone, I hope you are well :) I am here with a project I really have fallen in love with :) I won some printable cotton from crafty computer paper a little while ago and I wanted to think of different ways to use it.
I started with a box frame, some unbleached cotton, printable cotton, cardstock, glue and vintage images of butterflies.

I printed the butterflies onto a sheet of printable cotton, and then a second the same size onto cardstock. I cut around the fabric butterflies and then mounted them onto cardstock to make the dimensional look I wanted possible. I then folded these cotton butterflies wings and glued them onto the printed butterfly below.
As I waited for them to dry I used the paper insert that came with the frame to cut out a cardboard mount. I then covered this with the unbleached cotton.
Lastly I placed the butterflies where I was happy on the unbleached cotton mount and stamped the french word for butterflies under the image using stazon on the unbleached cotton. I then placed this in the box frame.

I would like to enter this into the following challenges:
Brown Sugar Challenge: Use a new technique
Crafty Catz: Add a Butterfly
PDE Linky Party:Anything Goes
2 Creative Chicks: Anything Goes
A bit More Time to Craft: Anything Goes
Altered Eclectics: Anything Goes
Anything but Cute: Celebrate your style
Crafting in a beautiful mess: Anything Goes 

Thank you for looking and for all your lovely comments! 

9 comments:

  1. Oh wow Elaine, this is beautiful! I can see why you have fallen in love with it. I know you love butterflies. I would love this on my wall too.
    Suzanne xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautifully crafted, Elaine! Thanks so much for sharing with us at Altered Eclectics!
    Hugz,
    Chana

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful and very creative. Thank you for joining us at 2 Creative Chicks.

    Sue - 2 Creative Chicks Dt
    http://suek86401.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful box frame! So creative! Thanks for joining us in the PDE Linky challenge!
    Sherrie K
    PDE DT Member

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is lovely thank you for sharing with us at Crafty Catz. And good luck, hope to see you again soon.
    Caz CC DT.
    My Blog
    Crafty Catz

    ReplyDelete
  6. How gorgeous...such a wonderful entry for our challenge over at Altered Eclectics...x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi this is a gorgeous frame the butterflies are beautiful. Take care. Hugs Jackie

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh wow, this is stunning. The butterflies are so beautiful. Thanks for joining us at A Beautiful Mess. Cathy DT x

    ReplyDelete
  9. You have crafted that beautifully and I really admire your creativity. I wanted to do something similar like this but with letters and numbers. You have really inspired me to get out my craft box and do something sassy like this! I think this is a great project for beginners to try as well. Keep at the good work.

    Stewart Fuller @ Newman Art Designs

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your lovely comments, I really appreciate them all :-) Elaine-xxx-

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...