My Lovely Followers

Wednesday, 20 July 2016

Crushed velvet look and polka dot shoe clips

Hey everyone, I am here with some shoe bows to make my shoes look a little more glamorous and go with my new vintage dresses!

I started by gluing four crushed velvet looking lilac ribbons with a fold in the middle of the back, then two of the lilac polka dot. I used a peg to make sure they dried securely.














I then glued two of the back ribbons into a bow shape (not tying a knot keeps the bow from being too bulky!) and then added the polka dot in the centre with the other ribbons peeking out from behind it.  I repeated this with the other side.



I love these because you can wear them on any shoes, any time-and any where on the shoe! They don't damage your shoes so you can switch up basic shoes and make them really special and match your outfit!

I would like to enter these into the following challenges:

Thank you for looking and for all your lovely comments!

6 comments:

  1. OMG these are awesome Elaine! I've seen/had these in fancy bling but never thought to make them myself! Well done!
    Thanks so much for joining in the fun at our Double D ‘Shades of Purple’ challenge! We hope you’ll come back often.

    Darlene
    DOUBLE D Challenge Blog
    DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS Please stop in for a visit!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a cute idea. Thanks so much for entering your lovely card into our 'Anything Goes with a Handmade Bow' challenge at Craft-Dee BowZ this month. I look forward to seeing what you create for our next challenge. Hugs, Barbara

    ReplyDelete
  3. Must make some of these so cute! Thanks for playing with us at Eclectic Ellapu this month, Nan.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very,very cute ma'am! thank you for sharing with us at Eclectic Ellapu; good luck in the challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  5. These are beautiful and such a clever idea to dress up your shoes.Love the pretty lilacs.Thanks for joining us at Craft Your Passion.Hope to see you again next week.
    Lisa x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your lovely comments, I really appreciate them all :-) Elaine-xxx-

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...