My Lovely Followers

Friday, 29 July 2016

Upcycled Morrocan Accent Pine Sideboard

























Hey everyone, hope you are well! I am here with something I am very proud of. I found a second hand sideboard on ebay for a very good price and wanted to make it fit into my new room. I still had paint from painting my other furniture and I used some of my favourite papers I won in my placing of cardmaker of the year a few years ago from Stampin' Up cut using mosaic punch.
























We sanded the top of the unit down to allow the paint to adhere to the top. When there was enough for the paint to grab we used treatment to stop the knots on the unit that had previously shown through the old paint coming through again. (You can just about see the knots showing through in the first photo before we worked on it!) We also fitted the handles and filled the holes where the old knobs had sat. That way we knew where they would go after painting and wouldn't mess up the fresh paint. We took them back off then painted the unit.
























After a couple of coats of gloss on the white and the blue/grey mix we let it dry thoroughly and fitted the handles when we were done.
























Lastly I got going on my moroccan style pattern. I had cut hundreds of punched pieces of patterned scrapbook paper and I sat and used mod podge hard coat to carefully affix them on the door in a mostly random pattern. After this was done I varnished with a few coats of spray varnish.

I would love to know what you think!

I would like to enter this into the following challenges:
As You like it Challenge: Favourite Papers and why
Through the Craft Room Door: Anything Goes
Crafting with an Attitude: Anything Goes
Creative Knockouts: Anything Goes
Crafty Gals Corner: Anything Goes
Creative Moments: Anything Goes
Inspiration Destination: Anything Goes
4 Crafty Chicks: Favourite Designer/Paper/Company)

Thank you for looking and for all your lovely comments!

16 comments:

  1. WOW Elaine, this looks fabulous!
    Hugs
    Linda xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! I'm not surprised you're pleased with this...it looks fantastic! Thanks for sharing with us at Creative Moments!
    Chris
    x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Super fabby! I love how you upcycled it. The color is simply awesome. Thank you so very much for sharing your super cute adorable inspiration with us at 4 Crafty Chicks Challenge.

    Tamie DT

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great project! Thanks for sharing with us at Crafty Gals Corner!

    ReplyDelete
  5. It looks fab Elaine, what a transformation, xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. WOW this looks amazing, what a fantastic project. Thanks for sharing with Inspiration Destination and good luck. Wendy DT x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow that looks stunning, well done you!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow! This is stunning - love your creation! Shabneez xxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Im impressed with this, its stunning

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a transformation! Great piece of work

    ReplyDelete
  11. super what a transformation ... well done ... happy crafting and love sandy xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. ok wow, this is gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wonderful !!! IT looks so great !!
    Thank you so much for entering our ATG challenge at Through The Craft Room Door this week. Looking forward to see you again next challenge.
    Hugs Cicci,
    TTCRD DT
    Cicci vid pennan {Welcome to visit My blog }

    ReplyDelete
  14. That sideboard is a beauty, Elaine. Lovely colours. Thank you for joining us at As You Like It. Luv, Wilma

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oooh, I love how you transformed this! So beautiful. Thank you for joining us at Creative Knockouts. We hope to see you again!
    ~ Bonnie DT

    ReplyDelete
  16. Oh my! This is just awesome! Thank you so much for sharing this with us at Through The Craft Room Door!
    (Hugs) Cara
    Through The Craft Room Door {Owner}
    TTCRD Challenge Blog
    My Creative Chaos {My Personal Blog}

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your lovely comments, I really appreciate them all :-) Elaine-xxx-

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...