My Lovely Followers

Tuesday, 25 October 2016

Billy Talent Swallow LED backlit canvas






















Hey everyone, I hope you are well! I am here with a canvas I made as a thank you for being invited to a Billy Talent show on the guest list. There was a mess up with my order of their new album and to apologise they asked me to come along. They are one of my favourite bands so I was very happy!

They have used swallows in their album art so I decided to create with that idea as my inspiration. I found a vintage image of a swallow and put it into Craft Artist 2 program where I reshaped and coloured them to my taste for this project.

I then created the banner in the program too. I printed the images and banner out onto the same kind of card stock I used for the top layer of my canvas and carefully hand cut them all, including the banner.

I then placed the banner on foam pads so the centre of the banner is lifted off the canvas and the ends of the pattern are glued directly onto the canvas to give dimension.

I then created the pattern with the swallows and glued them in place. Lastly I hand pricked the flight paths using a needle in pretty designs so the light shines through.

I gave them the canvas when I saw them at the show and they told me they loved it so much it would be put on their studio wall. I hope so, what an honour that would be!

I would like to enter this into the following challenges:
Inkspirational Challenges: Anything Goes
Crafty Friends Challenge: Anything Goes
Creatures and Critters Linky Party: Anything Goes
Craft Your Passion: Anything Goes
Crafting from the Heart: Anything Goes
Artistic Inspirations: Anything Goes
Crafting with Friends: Anything Goes
Creative Artiste Challenge: Anything Mixed Media Goes

Thank you for visiting and for all your lovely comments!

7 comments:

  1. What a cute project! The flight patterns and birds are so fun and the lights are a real wow factor! Thanks for playing with us at Inkspirational!
    - Shauna

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think this is so pretty, I love it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello… Thanks for joining our ‘Anything Goes’ challenge with your lovely project… love the way you have added lights too.
    Please join us again next time. Good luck!
    [Diane Louise, Team Leader for Crafty Friends Challenge Blog]

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi - great canvas, bet they were really pleased with it! How cool to think it is in their studio!
    Thanks for joining us over at Creative Artiste this month. Hope to see you again - good luck!
    Hugs,
    Bev (DT) xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awesome project and design... Thank you for joining us at Craft Your Passion
    Zeljka DT xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. What an awesome canvas, I love all of the lights! Thanks so much for joining us at Crafty Friends!
    Tammy x

    ReplyDelete
  7. A wonderful project!
    Thank you soo much for taking part in our "Anything Goes” challenge over at Crafty Friends & good luck in the draw.
    Hope to see you again in our new challenge as well…

    Hugs,
    Melanie
    (DT-Coordinator Creatalicious Challenges)

    (DT Crafty Friends)

    (DT The Sketchy Challenges)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your lovely comments, I really appreciate them all :-) Elaine-xxx-

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...