My Lovely Followers

Thursday, 20 October 2016

Shrink Plastic Swallows Necklace

























Hey everyone, I hope you are well! :) I am here with a necklace I made using vintage images of swallows, printable shrink plastic, chain, jump rings and a lobster clasp.

I started by creating the swallows in different colours in Craft Artist 2 software and making them a size I thought would work once shrunk to around half. I printed them off and carefully punched and cut around them. I tried to make the holes so the swallows would 'fit' once shrunk in a flying pattern.

I then used my heat gun to shrink them all. After I had shut them in a book to make sure they flattened I got out the jump rings and attached them to each charm. Next was the tricky part trying to fit them together. Luckily they fit quite well and I just attached each jump ring to the next bird. Lastly I added the chain and catch.

To varnish them to stop colour transfer once worn I painted them with a couple of coats of mod podge.

I would like to enter this into the following challenges:
Crafting with an Attitude: Anything Goes
Crafty Girls Creations: Anything Goes
Crafty Creations Challenge: Not a Card
Creative Moments: Anything Goes
Inspiration Destination: Anything Goes

Thank you for looking and for all your lovely comments :)

2 comments:

  1. Very beautiful necklace! Great project! Thanks for sharing with us at Inspiration Destination this week. Good luck!!! Patricia

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, what a stunning necklace.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your lovely comments, I really appreciate them all :-) Elaine-xxx-

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...