My Lovely Followers

Thursday, 10 November 2016

Stamped LED Candle


























Hey everyone, I hope you are well! I am here with a make using an older method with a newer material. I love the stamped candle technique but I wanted to experiment and see if I could make it work on the new LED no flame candles because they are safer than a naked flame.

I bought some LED candles from a store, some white tissue paper, grease proof paper, and got out my stamps and ink pads.

Before I started with each candle I checked they worked with batteries inserted. Worse thing would be finding out the stamped creation didn't work and that you couldn't get a refund! Remember to remove the batteries before starting the process.

I stamped onto the white tissue paper, cut closely around the image and placed where I wanted it on the candle. I then wrapped the grease proof paper around the candle and used my heat tool to melt it into the wax. It worked fine! I was very pleased that it still worked fine when I returned the batteries after the candle cooled too.

This way the candle lasts much longer than a standard candle and you can make flame less candles which are safer for those with young children or have general forgetfulness or clumsiness like me!

They are great gifts and I wrapped them with tissue paper, then cellophane over the top. For this candle I used Crafty Ribbons White Christmas Cobalt Ribbon to decorate with matching blue star tissue paper!



I would like to enter this into the following challenges:
Crafting with an Attitude: Anything Goes
Crafty Girls Creations: Anything Goes
Southern Girls Challenge: Anything Goes
Christmas at Sweet Stampin': Anything Christmas Goes
Creative Moments: Anything Goes optional Thank you/Give thanks
Inspiration Destination: Anything Goes

Thank you for looking and for all your lovely comments!

4 comments:

  1. So beautiful are your candles

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a lovely make! Thank you so much for sharing at Christmas at Sweet Stampin' and good luck with the Challenge. Judy x DT

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a fabulous idea & such a gorgeous make!

    Thank you for sharing with us at Inspiration Destination this week, good luck in the draw!
    Hugs Shell xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really like the decorated candles.
    Thanks for joining us for our Creative Moments Challenge
    We look forward to seeing you again next time.
    Hugs and good luck
    creativEle DT

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your lovely comments, I really appreciate them all :-) Elaine-xxx-

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...